My Lisabian Family
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

Bienvenida a My Lisabian Family un lugar dedicado a la gran Lisa Edelstein

ÍndiceÍndice  Últimas imágenesÚltimas imágenes  BuscarBuscar  RegistrarseRegistrarse  ConectarseConectarse  

Moving into 'House'

AutorMensaje
NataliaSR81

NataliaSR81

Moving into 'House' Empty
MensajeTema: Moving into 'House'   Moving into 'House' EmptyDom Nov 20, 2011 1:41 pm

“I know it’s completely wrong,” says Annable, “but I couldn’t help but judge both of them — Dr. House and Hugh Laurie — as one person, because he plays the character so brilliantly. So I thought, surely they must have some similarities. But Hugh Laurie is a completely different person from House, especially when you hear him speak in his British accent. It’s pretty unbelievable, the transformation. When I walked on set the first day, he made me feel very welcome.”
But Yi, a stand-up comic, says she felt completely out of her depth. A native of Los Angeles, she broke into the comedy world by performing at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, veteran’s homes and biker bars throughout the desert town of Fontana, Calif. Still, what she experienced there was nothing compared to the stage fright she felt at “House.”

“It was terrifying,” Yi told Fox.com, “because I’m new to acting. I felt like I knew three chords on this instrument called acting, I’m playing [opposite] this amazing instrument player, and I’m reading the music wrong.”
“It’s not something you run into very often, and very sweet,” says Shore. “Most people come in here intimidated and try to hide it. She embraced it.” Was it a stretch to hire a comedian for such an important dramatic role? “It was a bit of a risk. But we’ve had good luck casting people with comic backgrounds, namely, Mr. Hugh Laurie.”
“It was a bit of an adjustment [for Charlyne],” says Annable, “ because everything she’d done was mostly improvised, sort of winging it. And we really stick to what’s on the page. But I tell her all the time she’s one of those people that you just can’t stop watching.”
It was easier for Annable, who grew up near Palm Springs, because she’s been acting since age four, doing commercials. At five, she got a bit part opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in the feature film, “Kindergarten Cop.” She also knew what it was to land a major TV gig. Married in October, 2010 to actor Dave Annable (“Brothers & Sisters”), Odette did a 5-episode arc on her fiance’s series during their engagement.
“I didn’t want to go there, at first,” she says. “I knew all the ‘Brothers & Sisters’ people on a personal level, so to come in on a professional level was going to be...interesting. And I didn’t want to act with Dave. But he convinced me. He said, ‘It’s gonna be fun, it’ll be a good experience, it’s something we can show our kids someday’ I agreed to it, and we had a wonderful time. I only wanted to strangle him a couple of times.”
After that, she landed a role on the Fox comedy “Breaking In,” a series that was almost canceled twice, but will return in January — with her in it. That means working for two Fox series at the same time.

“I don’t know how many episodes I’ll do of ‘Breaking In,’” says Annable, “because ‘House’ is in first position [meaning that ‘House’ has first dibs on her time]. I don’t know when I’m going to shower, or sleep, but I’ll figure it out.”
She may have more time if Shore gets his wish: He wants to bring Edelstein back later in the season for an undetermined number of episodes. And that would make good storytelling sense, particularly if this turns out to be “House”’s last season.
“There’s definitely a possibility,” says Shore. “Nothing has been planned but it’s something I am very open to and would actually be saddened if it didn’t happen. It would depend on us convincing her to come back.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/moving_into_house_wegHUSiYGYHIVzNfVI5n1K#ixzz1eHBYdnxr

Resumiendo la parte de Lisa Edelstein: David Shore quiere traerla para un número indeterminado de capítulos con historias buenas de cara al final de la serie. bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Moving into 'House'
Página 1 de 1.